03 Sep GUT HEALTH WORKSHOP – NOVEMBER 15
Introduction to Gut Health
Come and join me for a fun and engaging workshop on all things Gut Health! ⠀
Before my clients see me, the majority of them are often told to eat a balanced diet. They are told what to eat and when but.. they are infrequently told WHY. ⠀⠀
The WHY part is really important. WHY do we eat and drink particular foods? If you don’t understand the WHY, then eating and drinking a ‘balanced’ diet can seem like a chore.⠀
This is not your typically Workshop where I tell you what to eat and when. Instead, we discuss – the WHY with a hands on exploration. ⠀
The Gut Health Workshop is an opportunity to really learn about your body, how it functions, why it functions a certain way and how you can holistically support it for your overall health.⠀
Topics covered in this Workshop⠀
– The Science –
- The Extraordinary Gut/Brain Axis
- The causes of Inflammation in the Digestive System
- Gut Microbiome – our Symbiotic Relationship
- Mental Health and the Importance of Food Choice
- Macronutrients – Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fat
- Micronutrients – Vitamins and Minerals
– The Mind –
- Food Psychology – what leads us to Bad Food Choices
- Human Behaviour, Emotional Eating and Cognitive development
– The Practical –
- Step by step activities throughout the Workshop to assist you in planning your habit changes
- What you can do right now, at home to make solid changes to your diet and improve your gut health
- How you can make change in a realistic way along with coaching resources, tools and strategies
What you’ll receive
- You’ll take away a basic understanding of the Gut/Brain Axis along with the science on how the two are connected and work together.
- You’ll take away knowledge and understanding of how your gut works, why it’s important what you eat and the roles of your microbiome in the delicate balance.
- You’ll take away a better understanding of our eating behaviours and the cognition patterns which can limit our change.
- You’ll explore more about Omega 3’s, Free Radicals, Vitamins, Minerals, Probiotics & Antioxidants.
- A comprehensive Workbook to work through and take with you on the day
- Engaging and interactive activities to help you learn new skills
- Coaching tools, tips and strategies for busy schedules
Through understanding and education we can put in place a realistic, long-term sustainable plan and get you on the way to exceptional gut health!
Date: Sunday the 15th of November 2020.
Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
What to bring: Light snacks will be provided. Please bring your own water bottle and pen. Sanitises will be available if you would to use them.
Location: Old Tower House, 115 Francis St, Northbridge
Parking: Street parking is available, please check signage.
Booking fee: $65pp (non-refundable)
Bookings are essential as places are limited.
Minimum number of participants required.
*If you are feeling unwell on the day, please do not attend.